Finland, August 2019
BMA was asked to participate in a summit of leading scholars and innovators in the field of industrial combustion. The conference, Nordic Flame Days 2019, was hosted by Åbo Akademi University, in Turku, Finland, and was arranged jointly by the International Flame Research Foundation (IFRF) and the Scandinavian-Nordic Section of the Combustion Institute (CINS).
BMA was honoured to be the only North American participant selected to present at this global event, and shared valuable insight into how numerical simulation can be used to diagnose a wide range of combustion related issues, in this case boiler tube failures.
The program included keynote speakers, technical presentations and exhibitions on the latest developments in:
- Bio-energy with carbon capture and storage
- Flexibility of thermal fuel conversion systems
- Co-combustion and gasification
- Fuel characterisation
- Diagnostic process modelling and optimisation
- Emission control and CO2 mitigation
- Ash management and corrosion
- Alternative fuels for the future (CINS topical meeting)
Through this unique opportunity to network, learn, and share with innovators from around the globe, we have made many new connections and identified exciting new opportunities. We look forward to developing our new partnerships and working together to continue to improve efficiencies and lower pollutants and CO2 emissions worldwide.